Who are our consultants?
Experienced, often retired professionals, seeking opportunities to apply their skills through pro bono projects with non-profit organizations.
- To apply your skills in a way that makes a meaningful difference in the community.
- To join a team of fellow Give Back Memphis consultants.
- To strengthen your commitment to a cause that matters to you.
- To continue to enhance your professional skills and personal interests through civic engagement.
- To create something new with people who value your perspective.
What consultants say about our volunteering opportunities
How does it work?
Give Back Memphis recruits volunteer consultants on an ongoing basis.
The vetting process involves an interview with the prospective consultant and an application to learn more about their professional trajectory and interest in volunteering.
What's the commitment?
- Consulting projects can range from three months to over a year.
- We have found that many times the consultant establishes a deep connection with their clients and continues to make themselves available well beyond the original project timeline.
- On average a consultant can expect to spend 10-20 hours each month on a project.
- Twice a year consultants meet to help improve Give Back Memphis’ processes and offerings and to share experiences.
- We have found that consultants often establish a deep connection with their clients and continue to make themselves available.