Give Back Memphis aims to create positive impact for both its non-profit clients and volunteer consultants.
Since launching in 2016, Give Back Memphis has instituted a rigorous evaluation process and ongoing impact analysis of its services with Dr. Steven Ross, Evaluation Director of the John Hopkins Center for Research and Reform in Education.
The evaluation process is based on the following inputs:
- Client Work Plan with specific deliverables and measurable outcomes
- Online surveys to evaluate if the consultation met its stated objectives
- Focus groups with client nonprofits for process feedback
- Client interviews
- Benchmarking analysis with similar projects in other cities
- Bi-annual gatherings with consultants
- Client review one year after project completion
Some of the key findings from Dr. Ross’ most recent report include:
of the nonprofits agreed or strongly agreed with the recommendations made by Give Back consultants
of clients agreed or strongly agreed that the consultants’ recommendations and deliverables were practical and actionable
of clients agreed or strongly agreed that the consultants’ dedication of time and resources were appropriate for their needs
of the consultants agreed or strongly agreed that they enjoyed their experiences